Girl Meets Boy Act 3 Moving Home


For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move.

~Robert Louis Stevenson


Three months is a pretty good amount of time to gauge a partner. It is fair to say that my relationship was not healthy and if I were to remain sane I should end it. Two things prevented this: 1 I was incredibly stubborn and did not believe that I could be wrong, with a little effort I could make it work; and 2 Dad wanted to move.


After school I came back to the midwest. Why I would give up the warmth of the desert for the chilly winters can be answered in one word: Family. I had spent nearly two years away from everyone I had ever known. Even though I had made friends, some of which are with me still, I wanted the comfort of those who knew me from birth. However, I ended up getting bed-ridden sick for five months after my return and it took some recovery time before I could find a job. When I did it was 100 miles from home. I spent three months traveling back and forth before I could afford an apartment.


I had established myself. The job was rocky and I was a rookie and a girl in a male dominated field. It was not smooth sailing but I was eeking out my exsistance. I was nearing a year with the job when wanderlust hit Dad. He was tired of life around here. He wanted to go WEST. He wasn't happy being alone, running his business and having no one there. So he had a plan. I and my boyfriend would move back home. I would get a job at the local dealership, buy the house and the boyfriend would buy out Dad's business.


This was three months into the relationship. This plan required a lot sacrifice and cementing. As the dutiful daughter I did it. I packed up my apartment, broke my lease, quit my job (after securing one at the local dealership), and the two of us moved home. This situation does not make it easy to end a relationship. The guy gave up his life and family to move the 100 miles to be with me. What girl doesn't see the sacrifice? How does that not cement the idea that this is meant to be?


3 comments:

Wilmaryad January 22, 2010 at 2:44 PM  

All of a sudden, I forgot my own love predicaments. I don't know if I should thank you or give you a big comforting hug, Andrea. *Sigh*

One thing, though: no relationship should require too much work or sacrifice; it becomes a job, otherwise.

You're a trooper, missy - truly.

Andrea Leigh January 22, 2010 at 4:00 PM  

Thank you. Honestly, the events I'm recording are a few years old now and I finally can look back and understand what had blinded me for so long. As much as it sucked though, I wouldn't be the way I am if it hadn't happened. I can finally say I'm happy ^_^

Wilmaryad January 22, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

Good to hear! :)
Glad you are recounting something that happened a few years ago; I felt like my readers didn't enjoy it when I did it.

Oh well, what matters is that you're happy now :) Big hugs!


Welcome!

Welcome to my little part of the blogosphere. I started this blog for the express purpose of proving that no matter what happens in life, you are not alone. I am sharing my stories from my school days, dating disasters, and personal trials.

Followers