Girl Meets Boy: A Farce of Three and a Half Years...


I used to be snow-white... but I drifted.
~Mae West


Act 1 The Meeting
The Scene: Outside the local mall. It is a drizzly fall day. The leaves have long left the trees and winter is around the corner, but still a month or so before the snow is ready to fall.
.
The Cast:
The Girl: just off of work and going to return a shirt that runs a little small. She hasn't even taken the time to get out of her work shirt because it should only be a simple exchange.
.
The Boy: dumped earlier that morning by his previous fiance with nothing better to do than hang out in front of the mall smoking a cigarette.
.
The Girl approaches the mall quickly trying to avoid the few rain drops that are beginning. It is still warm enough to go without a jacket but the breeze is starting as evening sets in. As she makes her way to the entrance her eyes meet those of the Boy and she finds she cannot look away. They smile at each other and he comments on the weather. She returns with some witty remark and the connection is made.
.
He enters the mall with her and they go to return the shirt. What follows is several hours of giddiness going around the mall. The Girl is amazed at how easy this all is. How easily she gets along with the Boy and he seems genuinely interested in her. All the red flags about his previous relationship are nothing to her because he sees her.
.
If only she understood what he really sees. If only I knew what was meant to follow. And so the euphoria of the night was not to end. For the first time someone looked at me as a woman and I went with it. I actually met his mother the same night I meant him. The steps of courtship blown away and if I'd been smart, I'd have left him at his mother's but that was not how it was written and on that night the next three years began.

5 comments:

shanaz | My Reverie January 11, 2010 at 1:50 PM  

Wow, you have a beautiful way in narrating the story. I was totally taken in. It felt like reading and watching a scene in my mind.

I wonder what exactly did the Boy see in the Girl. I would love to read more of the subsequent "episode."

By the way, I think your blog layout is superbly fantastic!

Barry Business January 12, 2010 at 9:46 AM  

I'm assuming that you're the girl, and that this isn't going to end well! Well written though, you're clearly very talented.

Andrea Leigh January 12, 2010 at 5:29 PM  

You'd be correct in the assumption lol.

Zoie @ BnBbyG January 15, 2010 at 2:35 AM  

Very well written post hon. Like Sharaz, I was totally taken in by the first couple sentences and just had to keep reading.

I'm sorry about your troubles, but I have a lot of admiration for your creative way of sharing your experiences with others.

Wilmaryad January 22, 2010 at 1:31 PM  

Uh oh, I am hooked. Gotta read the second installment. Get back at ya then ... ;)


Welcome!

Welcome to my little part of the blogosphere. I started this blog for the express purpose of proving that no matter what happens in life, you are not alone. I am sharing my stories from my school days, dating disasters, and personal trials.

Followers